What are the hoses better
Every owner of a garden or the infield knows how important it is to provide plants with a full watering. Uninterrupted water supply is the main condition, but it is also important to choose the right garden hose. It needs to be moderately long, flexible, lightweight and preferably not at a fabulous price.
What a garden hose is better
The choice of this device is complicated, because people should focus on the large number of parameters:
- Material type: nylon, plastic, rubber, silicone;
- shape: round, flat.
- Diameter: the greater the length, the greater must be the cross-section.
- Service life: excellent variant – 15-30 years.
- Resistance to water pressure: you should know the value specifically for your site and take the model soak for a few units more.
- Resistance to cold: if the frost of -20 °C is better to take a hardy sample for irrigation.
Rubber hose for irrigation
The most common country model. She has good strength and good stretch. The average lifespan of 15-20 years, the equipment is able to withstand the water pressure of 53 bar. The product is moderately soft and elastic, which prevents cracking and twisting. This hose is better to buy plots for average values, because it is heavy, and you will not easily carry it long distances. Although in this case you can buy a special coil, which will facilitate the process of irrigation.
The device withstands extreme temperature values and their variations. It has excellent resistance to UV. When choosing a first look at the quality of the material. Often in the production process uses non-toxic rubber, which can be harmful to plants and humans. The wall thickness must be at least 4-6 mm, and it is better that the product is soft – this will ensure a long service life.
The watering hose PVC
In the study of the question, what hoses the better, you need to consider all the existing options. In sale long ago there were articles made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC). They are attracted to its low cost, but significantly inferior to rubber samples. General characteristics, pros and cons:
- Lightweight, transparent plastic.
- Has a single layer structure, so rapidly. Cheap products sometimes don’t last more than one season.
- Model for irrigation PVC cannot withstand high pressure.
- Easily twisted, does not like too active sun. Often this deformation occurs.
- The irrigation system is to use the reinforced hose of the braided mesh (not slotted). This option will last longer (about 5 years) without loss of functionality.
Kinds of hoses
What country hoses better, you can learn only after a detailed study of the characteristics of all the samples. Pick up the product exactly to fit your needs. Facilitate work in the country various nozzles, couplings and fittings for irrigation. These devices are designed to connect parts of the irrigation equipment. It is better to buy products made of brass, they are more durable, but more expensive compared with plastic. Octagonal nozzles the round, but they also need to matched to specific types of hoses for irrigation.
Has a double layer structure of the «hose in hose». The internal component is made of rubber rubber which can be stretched. The outer layer is a nylon thread that prevent excessive stretching of the hose and the education of mechanical damage. The product is stable, resistant to dirt, is about 10 years old, has a low weight, and compact, durable, and easily twisted. It is better to use stretchable hose for watering ornamental plants, and on uneven surfaces can be difficult to operate the equipment.
The product is lightweight, available in various colors. Advantages:
- Not zalamyvayutsya and will not crack fits tightly connect the elements.
- Withstands temperature range from -5 °C to +60 °C.
- Standard working pressure is 3 bar.
Often users complain that silicone hose for watering very quickly burst and highly inflated, and in the process of operation may change significantly the diameter of the product. If the water pressure is greatly jumping, the model can not sustain, so it is better to choose a more stable samples (rubber, reinforced PVC).
Corrugated hose for irrigation
The device can be made of plastic (more common option) or polyvinyl chloride. Corrugated hose for water has an upper folded layer that provides additional rigidity. The product is not zalamyvayutsya, has a low weight and good flexibility. Corrugated PVC tubing had previously been intended for the protection of cables and other similar products. Practical gardeners adapt them for irrigation, but the product can not withstand prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Life – about 2 years. On the walls eventually deposited mineral salts.
Hose drip watering
Such watering is very convenient, if on land it is necessary to implement the irrigation system. Drip hose is divided into three types:
- Sprinkler. It is better to use for watering lawns, flower beds and garden beds. Is set to the height and evenly irrigates the covered territory. Has a small maximum size (up to 22 metres), but if necessary, the length of the product increases by means of connecting elements and fittings.
- The hose is trickling. Comfortable, if the area a weak set of water. Cannot withstand high pressure. Made of solid rubber, has a microporous structure that allows water to trickle down the entire length of the product. Hose for watering copes well with soil moisture in the root zone is optimal for those plants that don’t like getting water on the leaves. The device is slightly pressed into the ground or into the surface.
- Tape. Appearance flat, very easy to operate. Among the presented variants of drip irrigation is the most expensive. Length is 10-30 m, it is possible to connect to electrical engineering. Due to the special structure provided by the tight winding on the drum.
How to choose a garden hose
The choice of model depends on the conditions at the site. A few important points:
- If the water source is a well or borehole, it is better to buy at the store the intake hose. It is often laced with reinforcement. With centralized water supply, use a regular product for watering.
- The more layers in the model, the more it adapts to adverse weather conditions and pressure differentials.
- The standard diameter of garden hose is ½ inch (13 mm). For a small garden or a vegetable garden the value of this enough. There are specimens with a diameter of 16, 19 and 25 mm.
- What are the hoses for better quality irrigation? Increasingly popular is a rubber product reinforced with 3-4 inner layers. The costs are high but costs years to pay off. However, if the water pressure is quite small, it makes sense to think about buying a model for trickling irrigation.
- Single-layer product can withstand a pressure of 2 bars, reinforced multi-layered and 5-6 bar. The water pressure in a garden area rarely exceeds 5 bar.
- In a transparent product without reflectors walls quickly become overgrown with algae, which are then difficult to remove.
How much is the hose for watering
Prices on hoses can vary depending on the manufacturer of the meter (the longer the in the end less than the cost of 1 m), diameter and the presence of additional characteristics (reinforcement, number of layers, connectivity to electrical engineering, etc.). It is better to choose products of famous manufacturers Karcher, Gardena, Verdi, Elitech, Xhose: they offer a certified product that passed the examination of quality and safety.
|Kind of hose||The average price for 1 meter|
|PVC reinforced||from 50 p.|
|Silicone reinforced||80 R.|
|Corrugated||from 10 g.|
|Spiral||1055. (15 m), R. 3800 (Jonnesway, 13 m)|
|Drip irrigation||6700 G. (Gardena, 50 metres), 490 g. (7.5 m)|
|Stretched (transformer)||450 g (Xhose, 15 meters)|
Video: how to choose a garden hose
Eugene, 35 years: I bought a silicone model for irrigation is relatively inexpensive. It would not take. After the third time of use it burst! Before this ends has expanded greatly in diameter, almost twice (simply unthinkable). I used to use ordinary rubber hose, since my grandmother, he copes with its functions.
Marina, 37 years: he Took in a greenhouse hose is trickling. I immediately noted that it can withstand the water pressure that is less than stated by the manufacturer. Of the drawbacks is all. Design is very convenient – watering is not as energy-consuming for me to put the hose and left. Use for watering flowers stretch model is also very convenient.
Kira, 40 years: «For me there is no better hose than conventional rubber. Yes, heavy, but wound on a coil and normally. Tried nylon, PVC, reinforced – it’s not that. Rubber have nothing to fear – neither the sun, nor frost, nor strong water pressure. Will serve you for decades, that’s for sure. Recommend.