Fertilizing tomatoes during flowering and fruiting
Gardeners, planted the tomatoes, I dream not only to obtain high yields. I feel that the fruits have grown large, of excellent quality and flavour: juicy, sugary. You need to know how to feed tomatoes, which drugs to use and why is it important to do during the periods of flowering and fruiting.
Feeding tomatoes in the greenhouse
Cultivation in greenhouses has its own characteristics. The plants are indoors, it is necessary to create conditions for their normal growth, to provide useful components. Fertilizing tomatoes during flowering and fruiting saturates:
- nitrogen is required at the initial stage, which helps the formation of buds;
- phosphorus forms the roots accelerates flowering, fruit set, increases yield;
- potassium, which participate in the formation of stems, promotes more rapid ripening.
But the main thing is to feed the tomatoes in the greenhouse, how to do it. Experienced growers fertilize the plants late in the evening, use the homemade solution only warm water poured under a Bush for one liter. A good harvest requires a season to do it several times, using root and foliar nutrition. When and what to feed tomatoes in a greenhouse?
Plants are fed in the following sequence:
- The first time the plants are fertilized 14 days after transplanting. Using a product that contains nitrogen – urea: dissolve a spoonful in a large bucket of water. Another option is the use of liquid mullein: 500 grams per 8 liters.
- Second time plants fed in a week, exactly the same formulations.
How to feed tomatoes in the greenhouse next? Fertilize a third time, when you start to tie fruit after 2 weeks. The plants at this time of need potassium: it is recommended to do along the ridges of the grooves, sprinkle with ash, then bury it. This will increase productivity. Use of a composition, which watered the soil under the plant to two liters for each Bush. Includes:
- 10 liters of water;
- two scoops of ash, one – superphosphate.
Than to fertilize tomatoes in the greenhouse next? The fourth time I fertilize at flowering third brush. Apply potassium HUMATE – one spoonful in a bucket. At the time of fruiting to improve the process of ripening make the fifth – foliar fertilizer: a weak solution of superphosphate. Well stimulates growth of fruits fertilizer made with yeast. Recipe:
- take 20 grams of yeast;
- add 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- pour 10 liters of water;
- leave for a day for fermentation;
- diluted in 50 liters.
Fertilizers for tomatoes in the greenhouse
Use to feed tomatoes during flowering and fruiting only organic fertilizers is not necessary. Plants need mineral drugs. Good care, watering and proper nutrition will provide you with excellent yield delicious fruit. Recommend the use of drugs:
- nitrogen: urea, ammonium nitrate – from the beginning of growth;
- phosphorus: superphosphate – at fruit setting;
- potash: potassium sulfate – at the time of ripening;
- comprehensive containing all of the elements: NPK, nitrophoska.
Fertilizing tomatoes in open ground
Plants planted in the open area are in a more complex environment than a greenhouse. They are affected by changes in temperature, they are more sensitive to watering and require special care. Fertilizing tomatoes in open field and greenhouses is different. If the seedlings are weak – the first time you can fertilize with nitrogen after 3 days. In the case of good rooting of plants, bushes better not to overfeed. It is necessary to remove nitrogen fertilizer when the tomatoes are poorly fastened.
The second time fed with potassium during flowering the first brush – use the ash in dry form: scattered under bushes or buried. Helps fruiting green fertilizer, which is produced at the ten-day fermentation of nettles. Add a liter of the composition to a bucket of water. Third, at flowering the second brush, apply potassium HUMATE solution – the spoon on the bucket. Mandatory fourth fertilization – phosphorus: after 2 weeks using the same amount of superphosphate.
Mineral fertilizer for tomatoes
Tomatoes, which grow on open ground, require mineral fertilizers all the time, but especially during flowering and fruiting. The medicines are diluted with water or dry sift. They are used in conjunction with fertilizing with organic fertilizers:
- the first: to a solution of mullein added 20 grams of superphosphate improves the formation of roots;
- the second complex fertilizer: 5 g of potassium sulfate, 50 g of NPK per square meter;
- third and subsequent: every ten days for a part of the «Stimulus-1» for fruit formation, accelerated ripening.
Foliar feeding of tomatoes
Summer fertilizing tomatoes during flowering and fruiting is like watering and spraying. It is conducted once in ten days. Foliar application works differently:
- stimulates the growth of fruits, accelerates ripening teaspoon of superphosphate, diluted in a bucket of water, «Humisol»;
- improves the process of the ovary boric acid in the same proportions as described above;
- during flowering and fruit redness effective ash solution: 0.4 kg ash, filled with two liters of warmed water, «Zircon»;
- from blight – a bottle of iodine in 8 liters of or diluted in the same volume liter of serum.
Than to water the tomatoes for a good harvest
Growers to get good yield using proven traditional recipes. Increases fruit weight improves taste of iodine. Watering plants, adding to the bucket 4 drops of the solution. Popular feeding tomatoes one percent boric acid. Good effect gives the fertilizer by the roots during flowering, at fruiting improvised complex fertilizer. For cooking need:
- take a barrel of 200 liters;
- fill one-third of the dandelion greens, nettles;
- put 2 buckets of manure;
- cover with water;
- to withstand 2 weeks.
Of products that are sold, helping to grow a bountiful harvest preparations:
- «Kemira-Suite» – used in the growth period of tomatoes;
- Universal – use only in dry form, contains a lot of micronutrients;
- «Rastvorin» – effective for foliar nutrition;
- «Orton Growth» accelerates the development;
- Krepysh – promotes, stimulates growth.
Video: fertilizing tomatoes during flowering
Anastasia, 56 years
Tomato is my favorite vegetable. Whatever the weather in the summer, my bushes are fruiting, and all because I use fertilizer for the yeast. And use them all season, only to add ash, which is potassium. I have grandchildren, so grow tomatoes without chemicals. I recommend to use this method.
Anna, 65 years
This summer, the weather is unstable. Very early in the cold comes, and with them the blight. A neighbor suggested that since the flowering times in a week you need to spray the plants with a solution of iodine and milk serum. How surprised I was when Bush increased the number of ovaries. Fruiting accelerated, and late blight appeared much later.
I am a woman with experience, all admire my tomatoes. All because I use to feed folk remedies. Start with watering mullein, sprayed boric acid with a concentration of 1 percent. Twice a season: at flowering and fruiting fertilize yeast. Tomatoes grow weighing a kilogram. Neighbor look up to me.