Outboard motor Yamaha 2
Fishing using boats provides more opportunities for fishing. He is not tied down to one place on the waterfront. The beach can be inconvenient and not adapted for comfortable fishing. The boat allows you to move around the fishing pond, to find potential points where there may be a fish. Move through the water by rowing oars requires great physical effort.
Use the outboard motor will increase the comfort and speed of movement. Boat engines offered by manufacturers in a wide range depending on the dimensions, capacity, type of propulsion. The engine range starts with small motors from 2 – 3HP you can install Them on a single inflatable boat. World’s largest manufacturer of reliable outboard motors, the Japanese company Yamaha.
Outboard motor Yamaha 2 refers to the smallest of outboard motors with the internal combustion engine of the Standard (power range from 2 to 30 HP).
Power two stroke motor 2 HP for one cylinder with a volume of 50 CC, with a compression ratio of 8.3. The engine can develop the rotation of the screw until 4000-5000 rpm. The engine is started via a recoil starter via the system electronic ignition CDI, capacitor discharge. The motor has a built-in fuel tank with a capacity of 1.2 liters. Engine with carburetor supply system of the fuel together with the volume of the cylinder and maximum rpm can consume up to 1.3 liters per hour, giving a stock of work in one tank at least 50 minutes. Running the motor on a fuel mixture with oil in a ratio of 50 to 1. Motor control cockpit. The height of the legs is 417 mm., it is therefore necessary to select and adjust the height of the transom. Dry weight without fuel is 9 kg, which allows without much effort to carry one person.
Advantages and disadvantages
All Yamaha motors have high reliability regardless of the type and size of the engine. The advantages of the youngest models:
- the compact size and light weight make it easy to carry manually and transported in the trunk of a car;
- the circular motion of the tiller makes it easy to control the boat, increasing its maneuverability;
- loop scavenging of the engine reduces the amount of emissions into the atmosphere, which ensures high environmental standards in the operation of outboard two-stroke engine, boosting its performance;
- electronic capacitor CDI ignition allows for easy starting of the engine;
- has the protection of the surface and components from sea salt;
- relatively low cost make available of walking on a boat or a yacht under motor;
- the possibility of using as the auxiliary second motor.
The shortcomings of the motor are as follows:
- Power 2 HP does not allow them to be used on boats of medium size or rivers with strong current, the engine power is simply not enough to overcome the rate of flow.
- Movement is possible only in displacement mode, planing should not wait.
- The lack of idle speed, the screw begins to rotate immediately when the factory motor.
- There are limitations on speed and range transition in a boat several kilometers.
Maintenance and repair
After you purchase a new motor must be run in the modes specified in the instruction manual.
Running the engine for conducting fuel mixture with oil in a ratio of 25 to 1 after running the fuel-oil mixture is prepared with ratio of 50 to one. The company recommends the use of oil under Yamalube brand. Fill the tank to produce a ready mix. Completely fill the fuel tank with a mixture of forbidden, when heated, gasoline expands and could result in excessive pressure in the tank, leaks and fire. Start the engine produce when lowered into the water leg of the motor, otherwise will not work the cooling system of the engine and it will fail from overheating. You must consider security measures to be near the propeller when starting or running engine is prohibited.
Before starting the engine you must open the fuel valve after stopping it must be shut off. This is to prevent leakage of fuel during transportation. After starting the engine needs to warm up a little at low speed before you engage the gear. Upon completion, you should give the water to merge all of the cooling channels, as otherwise water can get into the cylinder.
Transporting motor on the boat with additional mounting feet of the motor or removed from the boat and laid in a horizontal position on the side where the tiller.
For the sustainable operation of all components is required every 6 months or every 100 hours to change the oil in the gearbox. Every 3 months or 50 hours, you need to check the plugs and, if necessary, cleaned or changed.
In the presence of faults, poor running of the engine, its disruption in the first place you need to check the fuel system for contamination and interference, as well as clean and gap the spark plug electrodes. These are the basic items that the owner can independently diagnose and resolve. If the fault is not diagnosed and corrected, it is recommended to contact the service center for maintenance of outboard motors.
The views of the owners
According to the owners motors are quite reliable and unpretentious in operation. Timely maintenance to replace the oil, the preparation of the fuel mixture will provide a long trouble-free operation. But, like all two-stroke motors, noisy and has vibration at work.