Why after a workout sore muscles? How to help themselves?
Surprisingly, modern medicine does not know the exact answer to the question why after a workout sore muscles. Actually, all that talk of us trainers and experts — only hypothesis. But, fortunately, means of self-help work in the same way, and to pain you can get used to pretty quickly, and even better — learn how to avoid it by properly choosing the training volume and intensity.
Why, very sore muscles after workout: pain is «good» and «bad»
Sometimes even experienced fitnessista feel it. And with her is a pleasure. The pain in the worked muscle in certain circles — a kind of indication that training was not in vain. No wonder they say that if there is no pain, no muscle gain.
Hypotheses of muscle pain are as follows:
- muscles ache from the accumulated lactic acid. Most often, in fact, has proved this to be untrue, and lactate is excreted fairly quickly, and may not be the cause of pain;
- muscles ache due to microtrauma of the muscle fibers, the regeneration process takes about 36 hours, and therefore remain pain. But if this were so, would muscles ached the next day? They would began to hurt immediately!
- In any case, textbooks for coaches fitness ATSSM based on the fact that health exercise a little discomfort in the muscles only after a change in the training plan, the transition to training under the new scheme or beginners who are just starting regular exercise.
An expert in the field of fitness Sergei Strukov answers the question why after each workout sore muscles. He writes that the main means of prevention is constant pain in muscles is not hot baths and not traditional recipes. If you constantly feel like you got run over by a truck, you should think about changing the coach. Probably your professional trains you as a professional bodybuilders. But here we must remember that the average fan usually does not have the capabilities of restoring the muscles.
So if you are a beginner, some discomfort is inevitable. But if more experienced people, learn to vary the load on your own to avoid it the pain and feel nothing but increased stiffness of muscles and some stiffness max.
When muscle pain is one of the signs of trauma
It is important to distinguish the pain that a normal fit from the sensations that accompany trauma. Usually the so-called delayed onset muscle soreness or pain after a workout is a hybrid of pain and severity, some stiffness.
If sharp pain, similar to flash, and they appeared the next day, and immediately after a exercise, or during its execution, you should visit the emergency room.
Unambiguous signals of injury — «shoot» feeling in the fingers, feet, spine.
A type of traumatic pain, there are so-called fatigue from repetitive movements. It often pursues those who are too eager to run to lose weight, and fans of aerobics. Feelings arise first in the foot, then move on to leg and knee joints. It feelings unpleasant chew, or sverbyaschee pain, but not strong enough to interfere with the movement.
To distinguish from muscle pain and sensations in the heart area. They are often confused with intercostal neuralgia or pain in the latissimus dorsi. If there is any pain in the sternum during or shortly after exercise, you should consult a doctor without delay
Sometimes cause the feeling is not muscle, and the displacement of the vertebrae, herniation and protrusion. If the pain is localized close to the spine, also recommended medical examination.
How to help yourself with pain in the muscles?
To prevent pain help:
- reasonable amounts of strength training. Why sore muscles after the first workout? Beginners should not perform more than 10 working approaches of strength exercises per workout one group of muscles. More experienced — more 12. And the same rule is critical for those who are progressive increases in weight. Otherwise, pain is inevitable. The same applies to training on a treadmill;
- no rush — you need to perform stretching after strength exercises;
- specialist in physical training athletes Eric Kress writes that challenges fans to solve a simple 10 minute «hitch» in any cardio, and heart rate should be low, about 100 beats per minute;
- almost all sources of fitness is recommended to perform a 30-second stretch worked muscles at the end of strength training
What if sore muscles after cardio workouts? Unfortunately, no other solution but to endure and to progressively improve their level of training there. Usually these things follow in the transition from complete physical inactivity to even moderate class. Fortunately, pain after cardio quickly let go.
To remove unpleasant sensations help:
- ice immediately after a workout. It is applied to the worked muscles, and this method has the scientific basis, and is used in sports medicine. You can replace the «freezing» from the pharmacy, but it should be borne in mind that the ice is only shown to people without problems, bursitis, tendinitis, and other inflammatory processes, and simply low immunity;
- warming up in 12-16 hours after exercise. Will need a warm bath and shower, and such «home» funds as the anti-cellulite cream with pepper. As a rule, it’s softer than finalgon and other pharmaceutical remedies, and although in this case, you may find some useful application;
- massage, and work and simple self-massage hands with a cream or a vibrating iron for home massage. All the «Ding» that you bought for «weight loss» perfectly solve this problem;
- light load mostly aerobic format. It is best accelerates metabolism in the tissues and relieves the stiffness and discomfort. Experts recommend in case of severe delayed onset muscle soreness do something like work the elliptical trainer, or swimming at a leisurely pace;
- homeopathic remedy — pills with Arnica extract. It is taken during and immediately after a workout, but need expert advice.
In another, batch your physical activity correctly and observe moderation, progressing slowly but steadily.
So now you know why sore muscles after a workout. Still recommend you to watch the video advice on the subject.