What is a salt-free diet for weight loss? The menu for the day, drinking regime, the nuances of
Need a salt-free diet for weight loss? Scientific nutrition answers this question unequivocally. And the answer you will not like. There is no sense in the rejection of salt, if the problem lies in overeating, the inability to organize adequate nutrition and a negative attitude to your body. Rejection of salt is a measure of rapid response. It helps athletes almost instantly «merge» in the right weight category, but fans of fitness — prepare for the next photoset. In clinical practice, salt-free diet is only used for kidney disease, acute conditions after surgery, and high blood pressure. And that is a big part of the «tables» or medical diet saves 3-5 g of salt for patients. Where did the salt-free diet for weight loss, and you can stick with it safely?
Why no salt?
The popularity of salt-free diet is due to two factors:
- the result on the scales you will see very quickly. No sensible reduction of calories speed «plum» can not be compared with this simple method. In normal condition, our body holds about 2-3 liters of water due to eating salty foods. Eliminate — and you’ll «lose weight»;
- special fasting and the rejection of normal food is not necessary. Most salt-free diets include foods such as buckwheat, chicken Breasts, cabbage, apples, and various green vegetables. At all desire, it’s better than only one buckwheat with yogurt or something else «mono».
Just five years ago salt-free diet has not been the trend. Introduced the fashion for this speakers sportswomen from category fitness bikini. And since this topic we have a very popular, were almost half the country. Here roam the Internet statements about the availability and effectiveness of a salt-free diet. But they are not correspond to the medical reality.
Why it can be harmful to your health?
For the normal functioning of the sodium-potassium pump in cells, you will need about 5 grams of salt daily. This product allows our metabolism to occur with sufficient speed, and we ourselves — do not waste water quickly, risking dehydration. It is of great importance, from maintaining normal blood pressure, in maintenance of muscle tone. The normal sodium-potassium balance — the key to a healthy heart and nervous system. A lack in the body of sodium can result in debilitating effects:
- dehydration. You have probably already read a few horror stories about how the above speakers sportswomen got off the stage straight to the hospital. Because the restriction of fluid intake in the absence of salt in the diet. And nowhere in the civilized world, therefore such diets are not applied. It is a relic of the 80-ies of the last century, popular among those for whom victory is more important than health;
- a drop in blood pressure, feeling light head and fainting. Exactly salt-free diet has the effect of «here I sit, now lie around the crowd of people.» As well as the desire to lose weight faster we are usually accompanied by a critical reduction in calorie intake, to achieve this very easily;
- the aggravation of problems with feeding behavior. Frankly, most of your favorite types of meat, cereals and other normal products quite tasteless without salt. And you won’t get any pleasure absorbing them. It is worth noting that the component of fun is an important factor in the saturation of the average person. So, of course, you can eat without salt, but how long you can last without having to suddenly give a sudden craving for crisps or nuts, which are in good condition and food is not considered? This is a question worthy of attention.
Called in scientific medicine and the maximum period for the enforcement of such supply. It can not last longer than 2 weeks for self-practice.
Important: Doctors don’t recommend to go below 5 g salt per day without medical indications. This is the amount you can receive just by adding a little common salt in the food without it, for example, porridge on the water, the meat is steamed and so on.
Or you can continue to eat bread and crispbread, as well as some industrial products (e.g., vegetable sauces from the store) and get my salt from them.
Popular variations of this diet
It’s all — not what we tell forums, websites and other popular sources of advice about beauty. How to eat on a salt-free diet for weight loss?
A typical menu salt-free diet looks like this:
- Breakfast — 30 grams of dry oatmeal to cook, add 4 egg whites and a little cinnamon if turns out to be very disgusting to eat
- Snack — 80g chicken breast without salt salad vegetables and a teaspoon of oil
- Lunch: chicken repeated, only now it is possible to eat buckwheat and broccoli, all for 100 g
- Snack — if the protein is still the possibility that protein shake, if you already excluded — 100 g white fish, green vegetables.
- Dinner — repeat the fish with vegetables
Typically, following such diets is recommended also to drink distilled water. This trick allows you to increase the impact of body fluids. For maximum output of water a specific Protocol drink in a salt-free diet for weight loss. Menu the following:
- 1 day — 30 ml liquid per 1 kg of body weight;
- 2, 3, 4 days in 40-50 ml of liquid;
- Day 5 — 30 ml of liquid;
- 6, 7 days, and 10-20 ml of liquid.
Especially close to the world of bodybuilding and fitness sources recommended to give up tea, coffee and energy drinks, including the pre-workout Supplement. In addition, losing weight on a salt-free diet regularly «sent to the bath», forced to undergo various treatments for the removal of liquids and perform other questionable actions sample 2 hours of cardio every day.
It is understood that this entire practice is based on someone’s personal experience of preparing for competition. And should not be used by all people.
Treatment salt-free diet for weight loss
This class of diet on juices, smoothies and other fruity cocktails. The basic principle is not to eat. You can only drink 5 glasses of juices or smoothies, fresh of a different fruit. Pick up the fruits so that one Cup of them were no more than 3 pieces. Allowed to Supplement their food 2-3 tablespoons of sprouted grains a day.
Such diets are dangerous not only for health but also for metabolism. They contribute to its critical slowing down and then provoke problems with edema, overeating and loss of muscle mass.