How to lose weight after childbirth and pregnancy at home?
Want to know how to lose weight quickly after giving birth? No magic. Nutritionists say that a balanced diet with a small deficit of energy and adequate physical activity are able to solve this problem for any woman. Why many can’t get rid of the extra pounds after the baby is born? Often prevent women from choosing the wrong diet and high expectations, not some hormonal changes.
Why have I gained after birth?
Each case of weight gain is strictly individual. Your — too. Remember how you ate expecting a baby, and many things will become clear. Some women follow the advice of mothers and grandmothers and just increase the portions by half. Others are constantly stressed out, worried, afraid of giving birth, and feel bad. And the habit of «seizing» bodily discomfort makes them for everything else. Still others think «still get fat, why would I say no to dessert after every meal».
A separate issue — follow the advice of people who don’t have to diet any way. The district doctor-the gynecologist has appointed you fasting days on apples? And that, after such restrictions usually follows overeating forgot to warn you. Here is another common cause of weight gain.
And it does stand out the cases of professional athletes and active lovers of fitness. Perhaps before pregnancy you were training 5-6 times a week with full dedication. And while your doctor will probably recommend you something like walking and gymnastics, Pilates. All this would be great for women who have never worked, but not for athletes.
It also happens that weight gain is not due to the increase in fat mass and fluid retention. But this case «resolves itself» within a couple of weeks after birth.
You can stick to a strict diet when breastfeeding?
Often women begin to lose weight at one buckwheat, green apples, or yogurt. Exactly the same strict diet can result in loss of the capacity for lactation. But then, how to lose weight after childbirth nursing mother? Diet losing weight with breastfeeding needs to be balanced. To calculate their need for macronutrients and calories is very simple:
- multiply current body weight by 30 to obtain the calorie consumption at rest;
- add to this figure of 300-400 kcal, necessary for normal lactation;
- determine 10% of the total, and subtract them from the second value (consumption+lactation);
- you will receive a number of calories with which you want to begin to build your diet for weight loss.
Balance menu helps other calculations — eat 1 g of protein per 1 kg of body weight, 1 gram of fat for the same unit. Collect all the rest from carbohydrates. And simple carbohydrates should be no more than 10% of the total. For most women it means something like half portions of dessert a day, or 2-3 fruits, but not the endless useful spoon of honey at all meals, and sweetened tea with milk. So you can effectively lose weight after birth while breastfeeding without harming the baby.
Can be severely to lose weight those who do not feed after birth?
In any case, the birth of a child is stress. Mono, diets with a very large energy deficit (more than 15% of the daily needs in it) for young mothers unacceptable.
Someone might argue that the very appearance after childbirth is more stressful than a couple weeks on the yogurt and the apples. This extra would know this:
- no matter how severely you restrict yourself speed tummy tuck, toe of diastasis, if it is reducing the breast volume — indices of the individual, they are genetically encoded;
- extremely low calories can play a cruel joke with you. First of all, the body pretty quickly adapts to them, and it can happen that the fat burning stopped at around a modest 1,500 calories a day. In addition, the lower caloric intake and less than balanced diet, the more visible the «pull» to certain products. A compulsive desire to eat sweets every day, or, for example, crisp chips, rather appear in «severe» lose weight;
- pregnancy itself is the main enemy of muscle mass during this time is considered to be normal loss is about 1-2 pounds of muscle. If you have to sit on an unbalanced and a strict diet, these numbers will only increase. This means lethargy, unattractive appearance in a bathing suit and a very low «maintenance» calories. So, those who are too in a hurry, then risk life to eat 1500-1600 calories to lose weight rapidly or when you exit the «corridor»;
- a strict diet is a bad companion for women whose lives have seriously changed. Children are sleepless nights, new excitement, fears and worries, and not just a couple of cute pictures on social networks. At this time the body needs to keep healthy. And if you’re malnourished, it will affect physical condition (the notorious loss of hair), and psychological.
Specifics of weight loss nursing mothers
Often the sources write that the fed should refrain from raising physical activity. Ostensibly, this begins to taste bitter milk. In fact, it is a myth, it has nothing to do with human physiology. In reality, the milk may be lost from excessive stress too exercise. But a half-hour walk on the pulse of 130 beats per minute — hardly. Similarly, nothing will be of half an hour postpartum gymnastics. Because as soon as the doctor at the beginning of the training received, it is necessary to use those 30 minutes 5 times a week, to relieve stress, to be alone with him, and to burn off some extra calories.
The second feature may be the so-called elimination diet. Typically, this ration mom of a child allergic. It is prescribed by a doctor to prevent diathesis in a child.
Otherwise, it’s best to follow the rules of healthy weight loss. Eating every 3 hours, small meals, using healthy, natural products, refusal to frying and canning, sufficient amounts of clean water.
How to lose weight after delivery at home? The diet on week days
The serving size varies from 120 to 200 m for protein and carbohydrate products (calculate your need for yourself), and 20 to 40 g of fat.
Scheme of the menu is this:
- Breakfast: a serving of complex carbohydrates, fruit, a serving of protein
- Lunch: a serving of complex carbohydrates, vegetables, serving of protein, a serving of fat
- Dinner: half a serving of complex carbohydrates, vegetables, serving of protein, a serving of fat
- Snacks: serving of protein, a serving of fats, fruits or vegetables
- Breakfast: 120 g of buckwheat on the water, 120 g steam omelets, 1 orange
- Lunch: 120 g quinoa, 120 g of beef, teaspoon of butter, salad with vegetable oil.
- Dinner: 200 grams follow a low-fat cheese, large salad with pine nuts. Bread crisp
- Breakfast: 120 g of oatmeal on the water, 120 ml of almond or regular nonfat milk, 100 g of cheese, 1 Apple or pear
- Lunch: 120 g of brown rice, big salad with avocado, 200 g of white fish
- Dinner: 200 g salmon, steamed for a couple of green beans, 1-2 tablespoons of rice, boiled potatoes or 1-2
- Breakfast: Pancakes with 100 g of oat flour, plus 1 egg and 2 protein, fry in a Teflon pan, add berries
- Lunch: vegetable soup with cereals, 120 g chicken breast
- Dinner: a few buckwheat bread, 50 g low-fat cottage cheese, 100 g of lean meat and vegetables, make sandwiches or just a salad with meat and vegetables plus breads
- Breakfast: porridge from a mixture of cereals without sugar, 120 grams, a little plum and cheese in 150 g.
- Lunch: whole wheat bread, 2 slices, 2 slices of boiled beef, cucumber, tomato and a few slices of avocado or low-fat sandwich filling based on olive oil and mashed cabbage
- Dinner: 200 g lean fish, rice, vegetables in a salad
- Breakfast: omelette of 2 eggs and 2 whites, grapefruit, a few slices of bread with bran
- Lunch: salad of seafood and vegetables, zapravka of olive oil with lemon juice, 2-3 potatoes, boiled
- Dinner: cottage cheese casserole — 200 g cottage cheese, 2 protein, stevia sweetener and 1 tablespoon of oat bran, stir, bake in a microwave oven at a power of 600 W
- Breakfast: 200 g of cottage cheese, an Apple, a few of crispbread or dietary biscuits
- Lunch: free meal — any of your favorite foods 1 servings
- Dinner: 200g white fish, mashed broccoli and cauliflower with butter, 1 to 2 sweet potatoes and 1 beet in a salad with walnuts
- Breakfast: cottage cheese pancakes low-fat cottage cheese (200 g curd, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon bran powder, mix, fry with 2 sides)
- Lunch: serving of red meat — beef or lean pork, 120 g of buckwheat, vegetable salad
- Dinner: the dish is their steamed vegetables with a moderate amount of oil, beans or lentils.
Here on this principle, you can safely lose weight after childbirth if fed. Snacks can be smaller by the amount of «copies» of Breakfast or lunch, or a standard a couple of biscuits, a tablespoon of peanut butter and some fruit.
Why the weight still does not go?
Answer a question with a question: «what do you have in the food diary?» If you’re not driving it, it is highly recommended to change your approach to losing weight. No time to write — take photos of the food. At the end of the week will be clear where the diet appeared unidentified candy, where you ate, tasting food for the evening and had missed a few meals, then to eat pizza
If you are sure that all observe, and healthy, you should take a blood test for T3, 3 T4, TSH and cortisol. If the last two are too high, and the first two or understated, you need to consult an endocrinologist.
Alternative methods of weight loss
This is the case when suits-saunas, workout on a vibration platform, and transitions to raw food and veganism is better to postpone until such time as the child reaches at least 1. 5 years. All these little techniques that are not scientifically justified, and can seriously disrupt balance in your body and lead to disease. The same goes for «sports» crackers with the amount of carbohydrates is less than 3 g per 1 kg of current weight, and taking fat burners.
Now you know how to lose weight after pregnancy and childbirth. Moderate physical activity and a healthy, varied diet in the long term always work better than extra methods.
How to lose weight after giving birth? Video