How to lose weight after 40? Real advice for women and men
After 40 years, even in slender young people, there is excess weight. This is due to the slowing of metabolic processes in the body. Do not despair, some simple tips will help you maintain a beautiful and healthy body, regardless of age. So, how to lose weight after 40? Real advice for those who want to have a nice body always.
Proper nutrition for weight loss 40-year-old
At this age, forget about the wearisome mono-diet, which will not give the desired effect. After a hunger strike, your body will start with only vengeance get fat as a reserve. Chronic disease can deteriorate, that certainly won’t cause you joy or desire to continue to lose weight and take care of your body. Uncontrolled absorption of food, especially fatty, not the best impact on your figure. Extra weight will be added with each passing day more and more.
Before you start losing weight is to calculate your ideal weight and how many calories you should consume during the day. This can be done by contacting a specialist in nutrition. If you don’t have the extra money, search the Internet a small program that will calculate all the necessary parameters.
Do not forget that after 40 you will have already such figures as young. To ideal weight add 3-4 lbs. This approach is necessary to avoid exhaustion and give the skin look flabby.
To lose weight after 40 the real advice is to do fasting days on yogurt, apples or other fruit, except bananas and grapes. Do them 1-2 times a week. This technique will allow not only to keep yourself in shape, but to lose a couple pounds without much effort. If you want to lose weight according to some system, focus on non-strict buckwheat diet — a proper diet and water balance in the body to resolve to keep myself in good shape.
Make it a rule every day to eat several kinds of vegetables and fruits. They contain a lot of fiber, which will help to establish a chair and improve digestion. These low-calorie foods should form the basis of the diet that helps you lose weight. Make salads, cook or bake vegetables and fruit, eat raw or in juice form.
Choose cereals made from whole grains – buckwheat, wheat, corn, barley. Buy unpolished rice. In the morning, pamper yourself with oatmeal. These products are not only delicious, but also saturate the body with useful vitamins and microelements.
To normalize the level of glucose in the blood will help the peas and beans. They are also a source of vegetable protein and complex carbohydrates.
Give preference to lean meats, and pork should be limited in the diet. Safely eat dairy products, low fat cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt with no fillers. All these products are rich in calcium and protein, which is very useful and promotes weight loss.
Eat fish, nuts, and small quantities of olive oil.
To lose weight need to be supported by rational and correct diet. One serving of food should be the size of a fist. You need to eat at least five times a day. Dinner should be no later than 19.00. It is important to vipavadi per day at least 2 liters of water.
How to train? Rules
For weight loss it is very important not only to adhere to a particular diet, but to exercise the muscles. In order to lose weight after 40 best advice is to follow some rules for sports, not to harm your body:
- Before each workout be sure to do the warm up for 10-15 minutes It will warm up muscles and avoid injury.
- Pay attention to all parts of the body equally. No need to focus on one thing.
- Clearly observe the technique of exercise. Do not make hasty movements that will harm your body.
- Each training session should benefit, so do not overload your back if it hurts or not squat if sprained leg.
- The best option is to increase the number of repetitions than workouts with more weight.
- Between sets rest for at least a minute.
- Feel free to make emphasis on cardio. They not only improves the cardiovascular system, but also accelerates the metabolism. Include three training sessions per week. They should be of medium intensity. Do not operate at the limit of their possibilities.
- Do not do exercises on the same muscle group two days in a row. Let yourself to relax. In older age will need more time for recovery.
- Regularly perform stretching exercises. They will not only improve your figure, but also helps to avoid injuries during training.
- For a person after 40 years, it is not recommended to do static exercises.
- Very useful will be training on the fitball to strengthen the back muscles.
If you find it hard to do intense exercise, start with walking. The fresh air will positively affect the health and improve mood. Note the system weight loss Nordic walking is an interesting method available to your age.
The mode of the day and night – very important!
Properly constructed the mode of the day directly affects not only the health but also on your figure. Constant sleep deprivation and psychological stress directly leads to weight gain. If you sleep less than 8 hours, this violates the metabolic processes in the body.
It is not only important how much you sleep, and when you go to bed. To lose weight after 40 the real tip — do not sit up late the night before the TV or computer. Go to bed no later than 21:00, 22:00. While you a good night’s sleep and the whole day will be full of energy.
Try to get up at 6-7 am. Train the body to Wake up early and you will see how much better you feel.
It is important not to disturb mode, because in this age, failures can lead to deterioration and headache.
How to lose weight after 40? Real tips for men
Not only women dream of a slim figure. Many men also want to have a beautiful toned body without the «beer belly». Here are some guidelines for weight loss men of a certain age:
- The main advice smaller meals 4-5 times a day. One portion of food the size of three fists.
- Workout needs to be 3-4 times a week. Useful as a cardio and weight.
- Eliminate from your diet fast food, fatty foods, alcohol, simple carbohydrates. Lean meat, fish, cereals, vegetables and fruits – the Foundation of your menu.
- Can afford once a week to eat a favorite, but harmful and high-calorie product.
- A good night’s sleep and go to bed early.
- The last meal should be no later than 3-4 hours before bedtime.
- Drink during the day at least 2.5 liters of water.
For men it is important to get sufficient amounts of protein. Don’t give it up. Replace the fatty pork for the less nutritious varieties.