The harm and benefit of the Solarium
Recently, a new service beauty salons or fitness clubs is the Solarium. Winter and early spring we sometimes do not have enough sun, and we’re in a hurry for the portion of artificial tanning. Let’s find out how much good and harm in the Solarium. Most of the fashion magazines we advertise pictures of tanned beauties. Tan became the first a sign of wealth, luxury and success. In fashion direction for a healthy lifestyle, the Solarium occupies the last place. In Russia still nobody positivel the number of people visiting the Solarium.
In the US, by contrast, estimate that indoor tanning receives approximately 30 million people, 2.3 million of them are adolescents. Proponents of artificial tanning completely vote for the use of the Solarium, claiming that tanned dark skin is beautiful and from the Solarium the man lifted the mood. Opponents argue that using a tanning bed is dangerous and harmful. Still, who is right?
About the benefits
- Promotes the production of vitamin D. vitamin D is necessary for the nervous system, its lack can sometimes lead to depression, heart immune system. It is produced under the action of ultraviolet rays. Lack of it leads to aging: wrinkles, in women occurs before menopause. Vitamin a deficiency would fill a five-minute visit to the Solarium.
- Solarium first mate for depression. In winter, when lack the sun, the person may appear depressed, so as much as possible should spend in the sun. Under the action of ultraviolet light produced endorphins – hormones of pleasure. The people of the North and Siberia, the artificial sun is necessary, why doctors prescribe those places Solarium for the treatment of depression. But treatments of depression many.
- Prepares the skin to tan. Use of the Solarium human skin becomes accustomed to UV radiation. Several sessions will make your skin Golden, and when traveling to the South, to the sea, your skin is not at risk to sunburn.
- Beneficial for skin diseases. After a few sessions can improve the skin but after some time it still becomes dry.
About the dangers of Solarium
- Formed dependence. Currently, it is proved that ultraviolet light causes a direct dependence on a par with tobacco and alcohol. There was even a name for this addiction – tanorexia. She has the following symptoms: not getting sunlight, people nervous, had mood swings and he rushes rather to the Solarium. This especially affects people under 30 years old. Tanorexia treated with medicines, but worth it, and to see a therapist.
- Leads to photoaging. Spectrum of sunlight is very different from the rays in the Solarium. In order to obtain a quick tanning uses ultraviolet rays in large doses, which penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, which is bad for collagen and elastin, which maintain the youthfulness of our skin. All of this leads to skin aging, the appearance of wrinkles, increases the risk of allergic reactions.
- Increases the risk of melanoma. A long research experts led to the conclusion that the UV lamps increase the risk of melanoma. Particularly at risk are young people under 30 years of age, frequenting the Solarium. Previously, mainly melanoma and various skin cancers suffered by the elderly people of 70-75 years, are now a third of cases occur in people under the age of 40 years. If this goes on, soon fifteen years, melanoma will become the fourth form of cancer for all age groups. As with frequent visits to the Solarium disorders can occur in different body systems.
- The Solarium can cause pigmentation. If you are taking hormone treatment, as well as diuretics and antibiotics, the use of the Solarium can be spots. The same may be various inflammations: acne, pimples, boils, scars. Pregnant women should not visit the Solarium.
- Not to visit the Solarium with inflammation on the skin. The first time you feel that improvement of the skin. But after a few sessions you may receive complications: inflammation reappear and be harder to treat. Solarium it is necessary to exclude in cases of uterine fibroids, mastitis, when polyps, disorders of the thyroid gland, moles and bones.
- The world health organization recommends not to visit the Solarium, since their visit, there is a risk of damaging the DNA of skin cells. In most countries, a ban Solarium, people who are not eighteen years of age. Need to work on explanation about the safety rules in order to reduce the risk of cancer of the skin in the Solarium.
Malysheva about the benefits and dangers of Solarium video:
Still need to take stock and figure out what is the use of Solarium is less than harm. Too bad that little who cares when you tan to face, and in the winter, so you want to be pampered by the sun, although artificial.
How to sunbathe in the Solarium
What to do in this case? There is a solution — you must minimize all risks.
- Always get a doctor’s consultation. If you are taking tranquilizers, antibiotics, painkillers, Solarium impossible, it will cause allergies.
- Pay close attention to the selection of Solarium staff. If you are offered to enjoy the sun needs more time, you should not visit the Solarium.
- In that case, if you can’t live without tanning, then visit it once a week for five minutes.
- In the Solarium you should use a special nipple pads, is to seal the plaster scars, wounds, moles, piercing, skin with vascular veins, and pigmentation.
- Sunbathe safety glasses or goggles. On the lips apply a special protective balm. Remove hair under a scarf and bonnet.
- In front of the Solarium are not recommended to visit sauna, steam room and carry out various beauty treatments.
- Special agents from the sun you can reduce the exposure of the skin to UV rays.
- If you are visiting tanning beds, learn about the emergency call button just in case.
- Two days in a row to visit the Solarium is not recommended.
Before visiting the Solarium think about your health first, weigh all «for» and «against». In any case, the choice is yours.