How to dye your eyebrows with henna
Eyebrow shaping is able to make a highlight to the appearance of your face, make the eyes brighter and the contours more perfect. Not every modern girl has enough time every day to tint eyebrows with a pencil. Then come to the aid of various methods of long term staining, which can be done at home or in the salon. One of these ways is coloring eyebrows with henna. Today we will look at what the benefits and basic rules have this procedure.
The use of henna
The question is, what is better to paint eyebrows paint or henna may not have a definite answer, because the other method has its pros and cons.
The benefits of eyebrow henna:
- Henna is a natural product, and for many, this already says it all. For painting, you need no hydrogen peroxide, no ammonia solution. It also follows that the coloring eyebrows with henna allowed for pregnant and lactating women, and no age restrictions when using it.
- Henna even useful for hair. Synthetic paints are based on oxidizing agents will not bring your eyebrows use, in addition to good appearance. If you paint the eyebrows with henna, you can achieve compaction and accelerated hair growth. Natural henna can not harm the hairs, because she did not destroy the structure, but only coats the color on the surface.
- During the procedure the henna not only colors the hairs but also the skin underneath that not always be said for synthetic paints. The effect of the paint remains the same as holding a coloring eyebrows with henna: 2 weeks – 1.5 months.
- Can be used to dye eyelashes, but before you paint eyelashes with henna, make sure you are not allergic to it. To use this tool better for the first time for eyebrows and hair. Of course, an allergic reaction to henna is extremely rare, it is better to prevent this possibility.
- The stereotype that henna is suitable only for owners of red hair, has long exhausted itself. Today it is possible to adjust the color of henna, using producers from different countries and various additives. For example, colouring of eyebrows by Basma allows you to achieve a more dark and even black hue.
Disadvantages of using henna for eyebrows:
- The duration of the procedure. Dyeing eyebrows at home henna takes more time compared to synthetic dyes. This is due to the fact that with henna you need to work much more careful not to go beyond the intended limits, and it may begin to fall in clumps and behave capriciously. The exposure time of henna for eyebrows is also more compared to paint-based oxidizer.
- The cost of natural henna high-quality more than a tube of paint for the eyebrows. Of course, you can experiment with cheap henna from the drugstore and pick your best color and brand, but the result is less reliable than with a quality manufacturer or paint.
- Henna is not recommended to put on hair and inclined synthetic painting in the last 2-3 weeks. Keep this in mind, if after dyeing, the hair on the head or eyebrow paint, you’ll want to tweak the result with henna. The effect can be unpredictable.
What to choose: henna or dye eyebrows, decide for yourself, based on your own «pros» and «cons». He and the other coloring process rightly takes its place in salon and home treatments.
How to dye your eyebrows with henna at home
If you do decide on carrying out of painting the house with henna, you should know some of the nuances and the main algorithm of this procedure.
Before you dye your eyebrows with henna and even to dissolve the powder, stock up on the following tools:
- Brush for painting
You can use any subject that you will be comfortable to apply paint for eyebrows: cotton swab, toothpick, special brush, etc.
- Tool for removal of paint in the wrong places
At hand you have to be cotton buds, cotton wool, wet wipes, because if your hand shakes and you will run to look for than to wash the henna off the skin, it will soak in and leave their mark.
- Stencil for eyebrows
This is especially necessary if you first need coloring eyebrows with henna at home. Perhaps the pencil you pretty good, but long-term staining requires more responsibility. With a stencil you’ll have no doubt that both eyebrows are painted symmetrically. Suggest you to use the stencil only as a guide. You should ensure that the dye doesn’t «got» off the paper, not smudged, and there’s more, otherwise the stencil will do you a disservice.
In order to increase the time that how long does henna on the eyebrows, you should peel or scrub the skin before painting, the tenacity of the paint on the skin will also increase.
- Lemon juice
Another secret of extending the dyeing effect is to add an acidic environment in henna. This can be lemon juice or kvass.
- Non-small container
Any suitable glass or plastic dishes, even bottle cap.
- Tool for removing makeup
It is very important to apply henna on skin, previously cleansed and degreased. Than degrease the skin before painting at home? You can use any micellar water, toner cleanser or even perfume. Wipe your eyebrows before applying the paint with a cotton pad soaked in degreaser.
- Rich cream
It is necessary to prevent a serious «blunders». Apply a layer on the skin that you do not want to paint (that is, along the contour of the eyebrow). Ways to remove henna from skin quickly, not so much. It is much easier to prevent such errors.
Staining is necessary to make wearing silicone or polyethylene gloves. Also advise you to wear old clothing because if color mixture gets on the fabric, bring it will be very problematic.
And of course, you will need the powder itself. To control the color, you can add coffee, Basma, cocoa or other components.
The sequence of actions when painting
After you have collected all the tools in one place, free yourself at least an hour of free time to perform the procedure slowly and gently. Algorithm, how to dye your eyebrows with henna at home:
- Take a few grams of henna and dissolve acidified or just boiled water to the consistency of sour cream.
- With a brush draw the eyebrow contour clearly received gruel.
- Compare the result with the stencil. To remove unwanted paint, if necessary.
- Leave the henna on the eyebrows for 15 minutes for the first time. This is necessary to determine the intensity of the color. With experience you can increase treatment time to 30 and 40 minutes.
- Rinse the paint with a cotton pad soaked in cold water.
- A couple of days after coloring, try to reduce eyebrow contact with soap, oil, water.
To make the result look natural, you need to ensure that the head of the eyebrow (the part that lies closer to the nose) had a less intense shade.
This can be achieved in two ways:
- Apply the dye first, only on the ends, and after a while zakrashivaet the Central part of the eyebrows, and then the head. Rinse the henna at the same time.
- After some time (5-10 minutes) before the final washing, rinse the heads of the eyebrows. The tips should be washed last.
How to wash off henna from the skin?
Unfortunately, to avoid getting henna on unwanted areas of the skin sometimes does not work. Don’t worry, you can wash it off the skin, using improvised means:
- Lotion based on alcohol;
- A solution of vinegar (1:1 with water);
- Lemon juice;
- Scrub (cosmetic or home: coffee grounds, sea salt, honey, baking soda with lemon juice, etc.);
- Hydrogen peroxide;
- A 10% solution of ammonia;
- Oil (the most simple – olive, but you can use any base oil).
As you can see, the nuances of this procedure is not so much, however, they need to know if you decided to dye your eyebrows with henna at home.
Have you tried to dye eyebrows at home with henna or dye? Share in the comments your experience!