Hardened skin on heels: the means and methods of mitigation
Hardened skin on the heels – the phenomenon is very unpleasant and ugly, especially during the hottest time of the year when every woman wants to show itself in all its glory. Caring for hands, hair and face, a beauty completely forget about the heels, but it faces much more serious consequences than the formation of ordinary calluses or layers of dead skin. For this reason, if you notice that you have rough skin on the heels, you should immediately start therapy because this may be the root cause of further occurrence of calluses, cracked heels and painful calluses.
Why is growing the skin on your heels?
The reasons for this problem, there are many, but in most cases, five are overgrown with skin and peel, if women there are failures in the body. They can be such unpleasant factors:
- diabetes (or other endocrine diseases);
- irregularities in the thyroid gland.
If you do not see any abnormalities from the list, then rough heels may indicate that an incorrect or improper care of the skin of the feet.
Why scaly skin on the heels? The nuances that should be a signal to action
In addition to the above causes, there are a number of adverse factors that can cause serious harm to human health. So what do they signal?
- Hardened skin on the heels may indicate overweight. In this case, five is a heavy load, which leads to drying of the skin.
- The so-called «standing work»: hair stylist, shopper, cook.
- If you frequently cracked heels and dry, then it is a direct signal that there is a disruption of the kidneys. Be sure to consult your doctor!
- Dryness and peeling heels occurs in people who love to walk barefoot on hot sand or hot asphalt. It is sometimes useful to go without shoes, but only on the dew, and only in the morning.
- High heel or platform. Today in Vogue so-called «louboutins» — shoes shoes or boots high heel and the sole. They give excessive load on the legs, which leads to cracking and buildup of dead skin layers on the soles, toes and heels. Be careful when selecting shoes, because a careless approach to this issue can be very expensive your foot and body as a whole.
Fungal infection is also a cause of peeling skin on heels, so if you felt an unpleasant smell, itching, pain in the toes or feet, then do not wait until they disappear by themselves, but consult your doctor regarding the selection of effective antifungal ointments or gels.
What to do with rough heels?
For starters, they provide round the clock care. Buy a special foot cream that you need to smear the skin 2 times a day – morning and evening. They are applied on clean skin where you haven’t formed a thick layer of dead skin.
If this process has already started, then you need to clear from five of rough skin by taking warm baths and pumice. You can buy a special electric nail file for the feet: then the process of skin care heels will be faster and more efficient.
Avoid wearing uncomfortable or tight shoes. It compresses the tissues, which leads to their extinction. Gradually they accumulate on the surface of the skin in the form of dead skin on the heels, and the more layers they create, the harder it will be to get rid of them.
How to put in order the heel?
Before doing cosmetic procedures for the feet with the aim of getting rid of rough skin, should take care of their cleanliness. To do this every night (or at least 2-3 times a week) take warm baths for the feet. Water should not be very hot, but not cold (in the first case you will burn the skin, and the second manipulation will not give any results). You can add additional components:
- Baking soda. The tool perfectly softens the skin of the heels, opens the pores, cleaning them from dust and subcutaneous fat. After using it heel easier the processing with a pumice stone.
- Essential oil. Select any of the aromatic oils (e.g., orange, lemon, mint, fir), then prepare a special mixture for baths: in a glass of milk, dissolve 3-5 drops of your chosen essential oil. This is necessary in order not to burn the skin, because in its original form these drugs are dangerous for the skin. The prepared suspension pour into a bowl or basin with hot water, dip in her legs and wait 15-20 minutes. After that, use the same pumice stone or a special brush that helps get rid of rough skin on soles and heels.
- Foot bath decoction of medicinal plants. Chamomile, celandine, calendula, St. John’s wort is the herb which possess wound healing, antiseptic, exfoliating and calming effect. They can brew both together and separately. The important thing is that you have to recognize is the presence of Allergy to any of the above plants.
Prepare a decoction is very simple: you only need to pour 1 tbsp. l. raw 2 cups boiling water. Wait for 10 minutes until the broth infusions. Not letting the mixture cool, pour it into the prepared bowl of warm water.
You can make a bath without diluting the broth with plain water. This will be particularly useful if rough heels is your ongoing problem.
How to care for your heels: useful tips cosmetologists
Now that the initial phase of care for heels has been successfully passed, you can go directly to the cleaning process of this part of the body from rough skin. The use of specific cosmetic products: masks and scrubs. They help gently exfoliate dead skin cells without damaging the healthy areas of the epidermis.
To remove rough skin of heels helps all the same pumice. This is the vehicle that has been proven over the years and enjoys immense popularity.
Excellent results are obtained by treatment with a stiff brush for the legs. It helps to get rid of peeling heels and makes them smooth and soft. For this it is necessary to steam the legs, selecting one of the methods listed above, then treat them with a brush. After this manipulation rinse feet with cool water, then wipe with a soft towel.
Do such procedures should, as necessary, trying to prevent the rise of a large number of layers of dead skin.
How to clean and soften heels with masks, cooked at home?
Masks for heels at home it is best to prepare yourself. Of course, ready mix you can buy in the store, but the first option is more reliable: it gives you complete confidence that your skin will receive all the necessary vitamins and nutrients from natural ingredients.
Examples of such drugs there are many and they are all easy to prepare.
Mask for the heels on the basis of egg yolk. This mixture should be used 2-3 times a week. For its preparation you need to separate the yolk of 1 eggs, mix it with a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and same quantity of olive oil.
All the ingredients are thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous mass of yellow color.
Apply a ready mask need only to clean skin on the heels. On top to tie with a bandage or natural cloth. Leave for half an hour. Rinse gently with cool water. Then heels need to lubricate a nourishing cream for the feet.
Honey mask based on olive oil – an excellent remedy for peeling heels. Is prepared as follows.
The ingredients should be mixed in equal proportions and spread the mass was formed of pure heel. After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water and again smear heel cream.
This tool copes with peeling, does not irritate the skin and nourishes it. But be careful: the honey and other products of bees, is a strong allergen, so make sure you don’t have allergies.
Recipe vinegar-glycerin mask for your feet. This is not really a mask, but a sort of compress for the heels, however, this does not reduce its effectiveness.
To prepare the mixture, take the glycerin and Apple cider vinegar, and mix in a ratio of 3:1, respectively. Beat until smooth consistency. To moisten in the finished mass of a clean piece of gauze and wrap it five. Top wrap with plastic and put on socks made of natural fabrics. To leave for the night.
Five in the morning, a good wash in clean water without soap, wipe dry and lubricate with a nourishing foot cream.
Glycerin with vinegar is ideal for heels and toes. It helps to get rid of athlete’s foot, odor, cracks, wounds and peeling. Probably, no wonder folk remedies so popular and widely used as a panacea to soften rough heels. If applied correctly and regularly, then the skin problems legs will be much less!